Speculation and politics

I recently discovered that the investment in gold is closely associated with political and almost philosophical ideas.

The "gold bugs" don't trust the Federal government and it determines in large part their thinking. This is something you have to take into account when you decide whether or not one follows their advice.

Personnaly, I find their ideas quite interesting because I am very disillusioned with the US Government as well and especially with the current administration. I am also disillusioned with the "American Way of Life", and its extreme materialism, the recourse to debt and the lack of ethics.
I used to be a great admirer of the US when I was a teenager and a young adult, until I really lived and worked there.
I saw so mush dishonesty and so many lies in 2002-2003, that I could not believe my eyes.
In a way, it was the perfect period to discover all this. There were all these financial scandals and the ensuing Stock Market slide, and then the preparation of the opinion for the War against Iraq, playing on the fear of terrorism.

When people link all this to the hidden inflation and the balloning deficits of America, I can really see what they're talking about