Trench Warfare

The current trend on the Gold market is still up, but my Gold stocks have behaved in a very frustrating manner, or worse, lately.
In particular, my Harmony Gold stocks have suffered a true crash (-30% in 2 days) and it caught me off guard. Some other gold stocks have also been hit perhaps because of contagion.

But Harmony apart, the Gold stocks' trend is not bearish yet. It has just suffered a correction on an overall flat trendline.
In the meantime, the stockmarket has suffered a mini crash before recovering.

So the trench warfare continues.

Just like in May 2006 and February 2007, this type of correction is very frightening but it isn't a clue for what's coming. Moreover, the fact that this latest mini crash has been so publicized in the media leads me to believe that this is not yet the beginning of a new trend.
(Apparently, I am not the only one with this opionion. Click on this post from "The Big Picture" )


A bull market has to climb a wall of worries.)

But I don't really care how the stock market evolves as long as Gold goes up.

In the long run, Gold stocks are correlated with the Gold price, and not with the rest of Stocks.
But we have to remember that in the short run, appearances can be deceiving. (See this article from Zeal )

To summarize, with the crash of Harmony Gold and the absence of a sustained rally in the rest of my gold position, it is a tough period right now. But I have to remember the basis for my invstments. I should know that in the longer term, and maybe sooner than later, it is going to be a good investment.

And these are the fundamentals